|Alicia Folberth has a television show, Keepers of the Flame, |
that airs on Comcast, Channel 10 at 8 pm.Out of the Broom Closet - Newtown Patch Article
What I am available for:
- Graphic design - I freelance - I'm available for just about anything. Logos for a branded image are a specialty.
- Fine Art - Paintings, illustration, portraits and murals. If you look at my work you will see I can do anything. People, kids, animals, nature, you name it! Commissions are a specialty, as are 'living paintings.'
- Readings - The Tarot, Runes, and the Pendulum are my tools.I am available for phone and private readings, public events and private parties. I don't tire easily so I can read for hours if need be. My podcast 'SubRosa Magick' airs every Sunday at 7pm on blogtalkradio. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/subrosamagick
- Writing - I am published, and am working on several books of my own now. I will likely be looking for a new magazine to write for soon.
- As a priestess - I am available for legal handfastings and marriage ceremonies, rites of passage, home clearings, lectures and workshops.
- Reiki - I am an Essential Reiki Master. I teach and do Reiki healing. As a priestess, I also have clearance to go to CT hospitals during non-visiting hours.
- TV: I also produce the cable access television show Keepers of the Flame which airs in the Valley on channel 10 at 8pm on Wednesdays.
- Temple: My hiatus from the temple is now over - we are 16 years old now. I will be teaching classes privately (in person) and I will be accepting new students. Contact me if you are interested.
- Store: Eventually I will have my own 'brick and mortar' store again. I haven't given up on that dream either. Until then, I have two Etsy shops:
I am finding that I am still learning how to work with the media - and teach them some new tricks in being respectful. I now know to request that the capitalize our religions names as proper nouns, and to NEVER refer to us as 'self-proclaimed.' Wicca has been federally recognized for many years, and they need to start respecting it.as well as other Pagan faiths just as they do Abrahamic Religions. Fairytale witches aren't a part of who we are. I need to specify that I am NOT INTERESTED in speaking about that which we are not, I would rather speak about who we are. Defeating this overwhelming ignorance in the public eye is hard.
It also seems that the media wants to know more about the history of CT's witches and the Witch Trials. I'm not from CT, but NY, but it looks like it is time for me to do some digging into its history since Connecticut media seems to expect that a modern Wiccan will be an expert on a history that actually has nothing to do with modern Wicca. It seems to be hard for them to accept that they once hung good Christians who were accused of Witchcraft in the early days of Colonial America.
Here is the recent list of interviews.
WILI 1400 AM interview with Wayne Norman, October 31, 2011.
HPs. Rev. Alicia Lyon Folberth, the High Priestess and President of the Panthean Temple, formerly known as the Pagan Community Church, discusses Wicca, witches and witchcraft.
(He also spoke with me about my art)
WCCC 106.9 FM with Raven in the morning, October 27, 2011.
Archived show on MP3. If you missed it live you can still listen. Interview and readings live on the air.
Alicia Folberth Psychic Pt 1
Alicia Folberth Psychic Pt 2
Raven's Interview Page on WCCC
(where these links are found)
Out of the Broom Closet: Witches Talk About The Craft, Newtown Patch, October 30, 2011.
From the first witch hanging in the country to a plethora of wicca shops in Western Connecticut, Connecticut's witches are here to stay.
"Conversations from the Porch" hosted by Third Eye Radio,10/2/2011
Interview begins 40 minutes into the broadcast.
Interview and readings on the show Metaphysically Speaking, 8/12/11